We are programming a new filer GUI to update RISC OS to current standards.
Latest version is 1.44.
Feature List :
- Drag & Drop to folders (with confirmation)
- Folder tree
- Thumbnails for image files (Sprite, JPEG, JFIF, GIF, PNG, WebP, TIFF, SVG, Movies) (184 px, 92 px, 48 px, 24 px)
- Support of standard key shortcuts (CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+V, CTRL+X, Delete)
- Better support for keyboard inputs
- Search for files
- Customizable background colors for folders
- Alternative folder displays to detect big files or folders (Treemap)
- Timeline for last used fiels, folders and application (currently only when started from CLFiler)
- Integrated Image viewer
- Image viewer offers image conversion to Sprite, GIF, PNG, Webp, JPEG and scaling.
The new filer is intended to replace the current RISC OS filer in the future but for the moment it is programmed as an independent filer app.
RISC OS versions of ImageMagick and FFmpeg must be downloaded from other sources that are mentioned in the manual.
Planned future features:
- Support of a trashbin and HistoryFS
- 3D display of folders
- Additional graphical display types of folders
- Display of 3D files with Mesa (Open GL)